Friday, August 16, 2013

My Companion

When I look at her
I discover something new every time
and it's just
another thing that makes her perfect.
A simple and synonymous perfection
that fell from my grasp when I let go.
This was all my fault.
I forgot who you were...
exactly the person that
I needed and still need.
The person with which I yearn to be.
It's not just a phase or transition,
It's a reality.
You were like a painting.
From corner to corner,
you scream "masterpiece"
at the top of your lungs
hoping for someone to hear
and hoping it was me for so long.
I was deaf.
blinded by something I
can't even describe.
When I heard your voice this time,
I couldn't wrap my ears around it.
My heart melted to the tones and
your phrases skipped across my mind.
It wasn't right but most of all
I was wrong.
Just seeing a picture of you
inspires me to be a better person.
In person, you manipulate my
decisions and control my emotions.
I don't mind anymore.
I don't think you ever meant it.
It's just become one of the few
things that i have left.
Few things like hurt and guilt
regret and depression.
I can't remember the last thing i ate
or when i ate it. Because,
food just feels like a thing
being chewed to pieces by my mouth.
flavors hold no asylum.
I can't stand up all the time
it reminds me of how much taller I am
now that you're not around.
I feel like a child when I remember you.
If you insist that this
is just something to pass the time
or relax the rhyme and rhythm
of what you think is wrong,
you will hurt me.
He hasn't even earned you.
I've spent long enough learning who you are,
and who i want to be with you.
My life's work had become your happiness.
But I failed.
We all made mistakes
and the biggest is mine.
All I want to do
is feel you beside me.
I want you to engulf me
with your love and warmth.
Embrace me and collide
with everything i am.

I never wanted to be my own person.
We're just two things apart,
instead of hearts beating as one,
despite the things i've said and done.

Act II

I found you when I was lost
and lost you when it was least convenient.
I only let myself think that I lost you,
but you were there the entire time.
You cared when I cried
and stared when I tried
to justify what I knew
was a lie.
I became patient and reserved.
I ripped a hole in my life
and it only grew larger
until I gave myself hope
within you.
because you were
only 90% perfect,
I let myself ignore the 10%
that I didn't know.
The last bit of a perfect woman
that doesn't belong to me
but to whom I'll always belong.

Act III (A reflection.)

I saw you tonight.
you were the most beautiful
I've ever seen you in my life.
It was refreshing.
Something is changing and
emanating from within me.
Like waves of pleasure and
skips of joy.
I make a promise to myself, now.
I will always look back on this moment
and love you as much, if not more...
No matter what the circumstances
and certainly no matter my mood.
Even if we hit snags or cry wolf,
I will never give up on you and I
will never give up on us.
Like a man, I intend to stay with
you and cherish you with whatever I have left
because, honestly,
you're the best person
I could share my life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment